Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
5-Year Strategic Plan
The MWRD Board of Commissioners has approved a new Strategic Plan effective June 3, 2021.
The new plan was designed to:
- Articulate the mission, vision, and strategic goals for the MWRD for the next five years
- Identify a set of strategic initiatives to achieve those goals
- Provide a framework for measuring progress and reviewing/updating the Plan on an annual basis.
Members of the Steering Committee that oversaw the plan’s development included:
- Commissioner Marcelino Garcia, co-chair
- Commissioner Debra Shore, co-chair
- Brian Perkovich, Executive Director
- Mary Ann Boyle, Treasurer
- Susan Morakalis, General Counsel
- John Murray, Director of Maintenance and Operations
- Catherine O’Connor, Director of Engineering
The firms and individuals that facilitated this effort on a pro bono basis included:
- Janine Witko, Principal, Americas Water Leader
- Vincent Lee, Associate Principal
- Audrey Fremier, Water Engineer
- Aude Lucien, Urban Planner
- Civic Consulting Alliance
- Kirsten Carroll, Associate Principal
- Alec Noggle, Analyst
- Evan Oesterle, Kearney Fellow
Strategic Planning Process
The planning process began in September 2020. We took a comprehensive, staged approach that consisted of four consecutive phases.
The plan will be updated annually during our Budget planning process, and the public will have an opportunity to provide additional input.