The MWRD's Internship Program offers paid internship positions. While the main focus is on wastewater treatment and stormwater management, there are opportunities to gain knowledge and practical experience in a wide range of functions in each department.
Paid interns are limited to 119 working days per calendar year and receive $18.00 per hour. They do not receive benefits or paid days off.
- Letter of recommendation from a class instructor, professor, or Internship Coordinator from current school or university.
- Cover letter stating interest in position.
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university.
- Permanent residency within the territorial boundaries of the MWRD (students may attend school outside of the territorial boundaries).
- You must be a citizen or national of the United States, or an individual who is otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
For additional information, please visit the Online Employment Center where you can sign up to be alerted of internship openings.
Positions are posted on a rolling basis and will remain posted until filled.
Candidates are required to submit the Online Internship Application, submit a cover letter and referral letter through MWRD’s Online Employment Center.
Questions regarding the internship program may be directed to MWRDInternships@mwrd.org.
Please note: For full-time employment opportunities, please refer to the Careers page at www.mwrd.org/careers.