Revisions to Issued Permits
Requests for sewer design-related revisions to existing permits prior to completion of sewer work under the permit, or to make minor changes to stormwater detention facilities, must include:
- A letter from the design engineer of the permit describing the design changes and the reason for the changes.
- A letter from the municipal/system engineer of the permit granting approval of the changes.
- A copy of revised design drawings, with each sheet signed and sealed by the permit design engineer of record (only those plan sheets that are changed).
- A copy of all revised permit documents signed and sealed by the permit design engineer of record (if applicable).
- Permit revision fee payment $500.00 plus $5.00 per linear foot of additional sewer length. Fees are waived for governmental sewer projects (public sewer mains, laterals for fire/police stations, libraries, etc.)
Letters requesting a revision to an issued permit can be addressed to:
Engineering Department - Local Sewer Systems Section
Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
111 East Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2893
Please submit PDF files of the required letters, revised drawings, and any additional documentation by email to WMOInbox@mwrd.org