MWRD's Internship Program offers paid internship positions. While the main focus is on wastewater management, there are opportunities to gain knowledge and practical experience in a wide range of functions in each department.
Paid interns are limited to 119 working days per calendar year and receive $15.00 per hour. They do not receive benefits or paid days off.
- Referral letter from a class instructor, professor, or Internship Coordinator from current school or university.
- Cover letter stating interest in position.
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university.
- Permanent residency in Cook County (but students may attend school outside the county limit.)
- Applicants must be a citizen or national of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an individual otherwise legally authorized to work in the U.S.
For current internship opportunities, please visit the Online Employment Center at www.districtjobs.org.
Positions are posted on a rolling basis and will remain posted until filled.
Candidates are required to submit the Online Internship Application, submit a cover letter and referral letter through MWRD’s Online Employment Center.
Questions regarding the internship program may be directed to MWRDInternships@mwrd.org.
Please note: For full-time employment opportunities, please refer to the Careers page at www.mwrd.org/careers.