The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) is an award-winning, special purpose government agency responsible for wastewater treatment and stormwater management in Cook County, Illinois. The MWRD has been improving the environment and protecting public health since its inception as the Sanitary District of Chicago in 1889. While operations expanded and our mission evolved, the MWRD proudly delivers the same excellent service that protects the public health and environment and promotes a thriving economy. The mission of the Diversity Section is to ensure that minority owned (MBE), women owned (WBE), small (SBE), and veteran owned (VBE) business enterprises are given equal opportunities to participate in the performance of the MWRD’s construction program and professional service contracts in excess of $100,000, in accordance with case law and the MWRD’s policies.
In an effort to streamline the bidding and award process, vendors can apply for certification throughout the year. To initialize the process, complete the vendor application and indicate that you are a minority or woman owned business. Additionally, we are now accepting the City of Chicago and Cook County certifications. Supplemental documents will be required depending upon the certifying agency. To learn more about those requirements, click the appropriate link below:
City of Chicago Certification Document Requirements
Cook County Certification Document Requirements
New Vendor Certification
MWRD Affirmative Action Information
Steps for Doing Business with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD):
1. All vendors should monitor the Contract Announcements section of this website for new opportunities to bid on MWRD contracts or RFPs as a prime contractor / consultant or to prepare scopes of work and prices for subcontract opportunities.
2. Prospective bidders may download Invitation to Bid, Bidding Documents, Additional Documents, Addenda, and Plan Holder Lists on the Contract Announcements page as applicable for each contract currently being advertised. No fee is required for contract or RFP documents. Any questions regarding the downloading of such documents should be directed to email@example.com or call (312) 751-6643. Note: If the link for Contract Announcements is not working properly, please use the following path: www.mwrd.org (DOING BUSINESS > PROCUREMENT & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > CONTRACT ANNOUNCEMENTS). Instructions on how to electronically submit bids will be included in the Invitation to Bid, and further detailed in the full contract documents.
3. Subcontractors should contact plan holders directly to pursue subcontract opportunities with potential bidders.
In order to have your company listed on the MWRD Vendor List:
- Fill out the MWRD Vendor Application Form.
- Submit the completed form to the address listed on the form.
- Fax a copy of your current MBE/WBE Letter of Certification from the City of Chicago or the Illinois Department of Transportation to: 312-751-4440 Attn: Richard Martinez (the MWRD reserves the right to review any MBE, WBE or SBE included on a successful bid or proposal).
How and Why to do Business with the MWRD - Presented October 14, 2021
MWRD Diversity Presentation
Engineering Department Presentation
MWRD E-Procurement Initiatives
|Richard L. Martinez, Jr||Acting Diversity Administrator||312-751-4034|
|Jason Bullock||Diversity Officer||312-751-4038|
|Chase Carthen||Diversity Officer||312-751-4043|
|Fred Fortier||Diversity Officer||312-751-4032|
|Denise Hardney||Diversity Officer||312-751-4030|
|Ouidie Pollard||Diversity Officer||312-751-3029|
|Meisha Searcy||Administrative Specialist||312-751-4031|
|PJ Spencer||Diversity Officer||312-751-5876|
|Malisa Torres||Diversity Officer||312-751-5711|
Affirmative Action Vendor List (Use this search service to get detailed information about an organization that the MWRD already works with.)
Affirmative Action Requirements Appendix C
Affirmative Action Ordinance Appendix D - Revised December 31, 2022
Affirmative Action Ordinance Appendix D - Revised June 2, 2022
Declaration of Policy, Special Provisions for Apprenticeships Appendix K
PRiSM Compliance Management - Vendor Assistance