The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) is an award-winning, special purpose government agency responsible for wastewater treatment and stormwater management in Cook County, Illinois. The MWRD has been improving the environment and protecting public health since its inception as the Sanitary District of Chicago in 1889. While operations expanded and our mission evolved, the MWRD proudly delivers the same excellent service that protects the public health and environment and promotes a thriving economy. The mission of the Diversity Section is to ensure that minority owned (MBE), women owned (WBE), small (SBE), and veteran owned (VBE) business enterprises are given equal opportunities to participate in the performance of the District’s construction program and professional service contracts in excess of $100,000, in accordance with case law and the District’s policies.
MWRD Affirmative Action Information
Steps for Doing Business with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD):
1. All vendors should monitor the Contract Announcements section of this website for new opportunities to bid on MWRD contracts or RFPs as a prime contractor / consultant or to prepare scopes of work and prices for subcontract opportunities.
2. Prospective bidders may download Invitation to Bid, Bidding Documents, Additional Documents, Addenda, and Plan Holder Lists on the Contract Announcements page as applicable for each contract currently being advertised. No fee is required for contract or RFP documents. Any questions regarding the downloading of such documents should be directed to email@example.com or call (312) 751-6643. Note: If the link for Contract Announcements is not working properly, please use the following path: www.mwrd.org (DOING BUSINESS > PROCUREMENT & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > CONTRACT ANNOUNCEMENTS). Instructions on how to electronically submit bids will be included in the Invitation to Bid, and further detailed in the full contract documents.
3. Subcontractors should contact plan holders directly to pursue subcontract opportunities with potential bidders.
In order to have your company listed on the MWRD Vendor List:
- Fill out the MWRD Vendor Application Form.
- Submit the completed form to the address listed on the form.
- Fax a copy of your current MBE/WBE Letter of Certification from the City of Chicago or the Illinois Department of Transportation to: 312-751-4440 Attn: Regina Berry (the MWRD reserves the right to review any MBE, WBE or SBE included on a successful bid or proposal).
How and Why to do Business with the MWRD - Presented October 14, 2021
Affirmative Action Disparity Study
The Affirmative Action Disparity Study has been completed and the results of the study can be found here.
There will be a Study Session held, in-person, on Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 1:00pm-4:00pm, located at 100 E. Erie, Chicago, IL 60611, in the MWRD Board Room.
Please join us to learn the findings, recommendations, and outcomes of this study. Additionally, we welcome your feedback regarding the program and matters that are discussed.
If you have any questions about the study or comments that you would like to share, please submit them to the study email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Regina Berry||Diversity Administrator||312-751-4035|
|Richard L. Martinez, Jr||Senior Diversity Officer||312-751-4034|
|Antoinette Mitchell||Senior Diversity Officer||312-751-4046|
|Jason Bullock||Diversity Officer||312-751-4038|
|Chase Carthen||Diversity Officer||312-751-4043|
|Fred Fortier||Diversity Officer||312-751-4032|
|Denise Hardney||Diversity Officer||312-751-4030|
|Ouidie Pollard||Diversity Officer||312-751-3029|
|PJ Spencer||Diversity Officer||312-751-5876|
|Malisa Torres||Diversity Officer||312-751-5711|
Affirmative Action Vendor List (Use this search service to get detailed information about an organization that the MWRD already works with.)