Skip to main content

Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago

Two ways to make a report

We want to hear from you! If you see waterway blockages, illegal or suspicious dumping, or notice odors please contact us. There are two ways to make a report: 

Citizen Incident Reporting System 

Call 800-332-3867.

Waterway blockages

Debris and obstructions in waterways can cause flooding. Our stream maintenance crews and debris boats work throughout our region to keep our waterways clean and flowing well. Your report and help plan our work. 

Illegal or suspicious dumping to waterways or sewers

Waste needs to be properly treated and disposed of or it can harm our waterways and treatment plants. If you see something suspicious, report it to us. 


Wastewater treatment doesn’t have to stink! We are working to prevent nuisance odors at our facilities and aim to be good neighbors. Odor reports help us improve our systems, so please do your part: if you smell something, say something.