Welcome to the MWRD Lobbying Webpage
Notice To All Lobbyists
Persons required to register as a Lobbyist with the MWRD must comply with the MWRD Ethics Ordinance. Lobbyists must also confirm compliance with the Illinois Lobbyist Registration Act's sexual harassment provisions and related training requirements.
Important items for your review include:
- Lobbyist Definitions
- Step-by-Step Guide for Lobbyist Registration
- Flow Chart on whether you should Register as a Lobbyist
- Registration for New Lobbyists - must be completed before service is performed, but not later than two business days after being employed or retained.
- 2021 Annual Registration for Existing Lobbyists - Existing Lobbyists must register annually by January 31.
- Annual, nonrefundable registration fee of $150 per Lobbyist due by anniversary date of initial registration.
- Penalties for Violations regarding Lobbyist Registration
- Lobbyist Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training - to be completed annually before registration or renewal.
- Lobbyist Ethics training - to be completed every 12 months no later than 30 days after registration or renewal.
- Activities and Expenditures reporting on a semi-monthly schedule, regardless of whether any activity occurred or Expenditures were incurred. (There is a "no activity" selection, and Expenditures may be reported as "0".)
- Lobbyist Registration statements and reports shall be publicly available.
The above guides and resources are meant only to assist in understanding the requirements of the Ethics Ordinance and are not to be construed as legal advice. A potential lobbyist is encouraged to contact their attorney for legal advice, if necessary.